- 1 Cup JJS OWN Cilantro Lime
- 1lb Skirt Steak
- Using a meat mallet, pound your skirt steak with the knurled side until it is uniformly thick. The thinner you get it, the easier it will be to eat.
- Place the steak into a ziplock bag & add 1 cup of JJS OWN Cilantro Lime and mix around to evenly coat the meat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight would be best. During this time, you should also soak your wooden skewers, about 12-15 of them.
- Remove the steak from the bag, place on a cutting board, and cut into 1/2" strips against the grain of the meat.
- Preheat your grill with 2/3 as medium high heat, and 1/3 with little (or no) heat. This will set up the heat zones to cook the meat while not burning the skewer handles.
- Weave the meat onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers onto your grill, with the handles over the cool zone so they do not char. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side. When they freely release from the grates, they are ready to flip.
- When cooked through (about 8 minutes, maybe a little more depending on how thick they are), remove from heat. Allow to rest 5 minutes, then serve! NJOY