JJS OWN Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Mango Cucumber Salsa
- 1 lb medium-sized uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1/4 Cup JJS OWN Cilantro Lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For Assembling and Serving the Tacos:
- 8 tortillas (plantain, corn, flour, cassava flour, lettuce wraps, etc)
- Purple cabbage or lettuce, shredded
- Avocado Mango Cucumber Salsa (see below)
Additional limes for presentation.
- Toss the shrimp with JJS OWN Cilantro Lime, cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.Heat your grill up to high heat.
- Brush your hot grill with a small amount of the JJS OWN. Place the shrimp on the hot grill. Grill for 2-5 minutes per side, depending on how hot your grill is and how big your shrimp are. Your shrimp are done when they are just barely opaque. Take the shrimp off the grill. Don’t overcook or your shrimp will be rubbery!
- Warm your tortillas, on the grill, the microwave or your stovetop, top the warm tortillas with the warm shrimp, cabbage (or lettuce), fresh cilantro and avocado mango cucumber salsa.
Avocado Mango Cucumber Salsa
- 1 mango, firm but ripe, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup peeled, cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
Place the chopped mango, avocado, cucumber, green onions in a bowl. Add the lime juice, cilantro, sea salt and black pepper and jalapeño, if using. Toss and let sit a bit before serving.
NJOY ❤️ #OMG #amazing #tacothursday #jjsown